Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My visit to Kay’s B&B Falkland Islands



    When we arrived to Falkland Islands, we first went to visit a place called Kay’s B&B.  It is a home-stay with a beautiful garden.  My mom called Kay a few weeks ago to ask if she could help us get tickets for a very popular tour.  She was real nice.  She tried very hard but they were all sold out long ago.  But we were still lucky to be able to visit this nice lady and her lovely garden.


    We call her Auntie Kay.  She took us to her garden.  It looked like a Fairy Tale!!  The little garden was very colorful with beautiful flowers and plants and had a lot of gnomes with little red hats, they looked so cute!!  One even looked like Santa!  She also has two plush baby emperor penguins that looked very realistic.  We took pictures with the penguins and Auntie Kay.   

    After that, she gave us ginger cookies!!  The cookies were yummy and crunchy, she made them herself.  My friend spotted 4 little porcelain foxies beside Auntie Kay’s fence.  I think that her garden is cool and she is really nice.   I wish I could go to the Falklands again to see more penguins and visit Auntie Kay. 



No comments: