Friday, February 12, 2010

Helping Haiti!!



     Hey Folks!!! Haiti needs our help! Act Now!! There are many ways to do it and everyone can!!

     I helped raise some money for the Haiti people during my vacation. You know how I did it? First, I wrote a letter to Star Princess’s cruise director J.J. and this is what I wrote:

Dear J.J.,


     My name is Natalia. After my mom and dad told me that there was a big earthquake in Haiti, I got this idea to help Star Princess donate more money. I thought that there were a lot of kids that were starving and had no home and some didn’t even have parents.
     I don’t have money but I know how to play the violin and I know that there are very nice people on the ship. I’m wondering if you can arrange something like a mini concert so I can play for them to raise some money for the donation. You can check my performances on YouTube, but they were 2 years ago, and now I can play much better so I think we really can help the people in Haiti.

P.S. My YouTube account is NataliaMelody and my blog is http://www.littlefoxcafe.blogspot.com/

Sincerely,


Natalia Lee

     See? I thought it won’t work that much but it actually did!! My mom said that if someone wanted to help, then the whole world will help you. My concert was in a show called “The International Crew Talent Show” even though I am not a crew or staff member, J.J. put me in there. Turned out that there were 800 or more people in the audience and when I started playing, I was kind of nervous. But then I started getting the hang of it and wasn’t so nervous. I thank J.J. a lot for giving me the chance to help raise fund and got to see the Princess Theater’s backstage too.  BIG round of applause for J.J.!!

     I hope doing this action would make a difference. I knew that there were really nice people on the ship so I think they would help. And even if they didn’t donate on the ship, maybe in their home or work, they would have their own way of Helping Haiti.

     Also, I hope that you guys can have your own creative way of Helping Haiti. Hmm… Let’s see, maybe you can put a box in your class and ask people to donate, or maybe… I don’t know? Just use imagination and you won’t notice it, but you are actually Helping Haiti!!!

10 comments:

Marimar said...

Te felicito NATI es increible lo que hiciste ES un ejemplo de verdad =)
MARIMAR =)

Nati said...

Gracias!!! Estaba haciendo lo que podia hacer para Haiti. Hay otros ninos que tambien ayudan en la calle con una caja, mi mama y papa lo vio. En tu cole hay personas que hacen eso?

Marimar said...

Digamos que no muchas personas hacen eso, por eso es tan BUENO lo que vos haces NATI.. Tenes un hermoso corazon =)
Marimar

Anonymous said...

Dear Natalia,
How often do you practice a week and how long do you practice each time. I am 10 years old and have been playing for only 3 years. You play beautifully.
I live in South Carolina in the United States.
Thank you,
Eli

Unknown said...

Hola Natalia,

me pareces una ninia extraordinaria.
Hacés también conciertos ? Tocás violin en eventos ?
Por ejemplo para una boda ?

Gracias y saludos,

Rossana González

Nati said...

Hi Eli,
Thanks for commenting. My best friend who is now in Washington is named Ellie too. I practice about 4 to 5 days a week and 30 min. to 1 hour, depends on my homework. Are you studying the Suzuki method? I have studied for almost 5 years and now I'm in book 5. Which book are you in?
Best Wishes,
Natalia

Nati said...

Hola Rossana,
¡Gracias por visitar! No toco en eventos formales porque no soy un profesional todavia! =) Pero toco en conciertos de fin de año, show de talentos en mi cole, y algunos eventos beneficientes. ¿Tambien tocas el violin?

Saludos,
Natalia

Adolfo Fernandez Penayo said...

Hola Naty. He visto tus videos en Youtube y me quede impresionado, que edad tenes?. Sos vos la autora de este blog o son tu padres o familiares?. Entiendo q sos Paraguaya de origen Japones verdad?. Me llamo Adolfo, y soy el editor de una web de musica paraguaya. Y me gustaria que me enviaras una biografia y fotos tuyas para hacerte una nota, q te parece? mas adelante te hariamos una entrevista, ok?

Adolfo Fernandez Penayo said...

el enlace a mi web es este Musica Paraguaya Paraguay danza polka guarania folklore escuchar descargar mp3 videos youtube

Nati said...

Hola Teto,

Gracias por visitar mi blog. Tengo 10 anos, soy la autora de este blog. Yo mismo escribo los articulos. Soy Paraguaya de origen China-Taiwan. Estos dias me estoy preparando para el concierto de fin de ano, pero cuando termine el concierto voy a escribir
mi biografia y te voy mandando.
He visitado tu pagina web y esta re buena. Saludos,

Nati