Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fin and Waves

    There once lived a blue shark named Fin in the Pacific Ocean.  Fin lived happily in the Epipelagic Zone.  One day, a hurricane swept the shark into the Bathapelagic Zone.  Fin was all alone.
    Fin was afraid, very afraid.  He didn't know where he was.  Suddenly, he heard a squeak, "Hi, who are you?"

Fin looked around, he didn't see anyone, then, he saw a flash of blue.  Fin stared hard at the thing, then said, "WHO are YOU?"  The voice answered, "Oh I'm Waves, I'm a dolphin."  "Dolphin!? DOLPHIN!?  Run for your lives!!!" Fin screamed.  He was VERY afraid of dolphins, he had heard his shark friends talk about dolphins killing sharks.  "Wait!  Wait!  I'm not going to hurt you, I know that sharks are afraid, but I'm not going to hurt you."  Fin slowed down a bit, "REALLY?  You're not going to hit me?"  "Do-do-do you want to be my friend?" asked Waves.  "Okay, I mean what else can I do?" said Fin.

    Suddenly, they heard a voice.  "Hahaha!!  Looks like today's my lucky day!"

Fin and Waves turned around.  They saw a peculiar looking, scary looking thing, it had a very big mouth.  It could only mean one thing:  A GULPER EEL!!  Fin and Waves just stared, they were frozen in place, frightned.

    The gulper eel charged towards them.  When they realized what was happening, they swam,  and they swam faster than they swam before.  Fin and Waves were very good swimmers, but the gulper eel was even faster!  He soon caught up.  "Ahhhhh!!  What are we going to do!?"  screamed Fin.  "I know!  Let's swim upwards and upwards so we get to the place where there is so much light that the gulper eel won't survive!" answered Waves.  "Good idea!"  So they swam upwards and left the gulper eel chasing them, a little confused.  Finally, they reached the Mezopelagic Zone.  There was a weak light at the Mezopelagic, the gulper eel couldn't stand it anymore and returned to his home back in the Bathapelagic without his dinner.

    "I'm glad I found you," said Fin.  "Me too" replied Waves.  After their adventure, they became best friends and played together everyday.  Fin was never alone.

No comments: